Do you need to improve your English in order to fulfill God's calling on your life? The ECCO program is for you!
For many missionaries, regardless their nationality, English is necessary for navigating the world and effectively doing what God has placed on their hearts. The ECCO program is designed for those who need to improve their English for the purpose of Christian missions and ministry. The ECCO program will develop your English skills and also prepare you to minister cross-culturally. In addition, as you immerse yourself into this program, you will be challenged as a messenger of the gospel to grow spiritually and develop a deeper relationship with God.
- English instruction by native English speakers
- Instruction in and discussion of cross-cultural issues
- Regular outings and orientation to American culture and local history.
- Regular worship, intercession, and discipleship teachings - all in English
- Weekly Bible class and Bible study - all in English
- Weekly small-group meeting and discussion times with English-speaking staff
- Weekly opportunity for ministry in the local community
- Regular movie nights and game nights
- For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), see below
- Dates: January 14, 2018 - March 28, 2018
- Cost: Application Fee: $25, Tuition: $2600 USD per person.
- Price includes: food, housing, transportation to and from the airport, books, study materials, and planned local outings during the ECCO program. Price does not include: costs of personal items, personal outings or travel, additional food, or souvenirs.
- We accept applicants who are 18 years or older, at any level of English ability.
- Prior completion of the DTS is not necessary.
- To apply, please fill out our Online Application.
- To reserve a place in the ECCO program, the following things must happen:
1) You must complete an application and receive an acceptance letter.
2) You must get a U.S. tourist visa and send a copy to our Admissions Department.
3) You must pay the full tuition amount.
Only after these three items are fulfilled will you be assured a place in the ECCO program.
- You must complete an application and pay at least one half of the tuition before we will send you a visa invitation letter. If you are not given a U.S. visa, we will return all tuition money to you, minus the application fee and all wire-transfer fees.
- No applications will be accepted after December 15th, unless you already have a U.S. visa.
- Due to our limited housing facilities, we can only accept married couples without children. We give priority to couples working with YWAM.
- If you are accepted to ECCO and withdraw before December 15th, you will receive a full refund of all tuition paid, minus application and wire-transfer fees.
- If you are accepted to ECCO and withdraw after December 15th, you will recieve a refund, minus $250 and minus application and wire-transfer fees.
- Travel medical insurance is required. Medical care is very expensive in the U.S. You will be personally responsible for all medical expenses incurred while staying at the YWAM Minneapolis facilities.
Fill out our Online Application.
- Q: Is the ECCO offered any other time in the year? A: The ECCO is offered at the YWAM Minneapolis center only one time each year (see dates above).
- Q: Is EVERYTHING in English? A: Yes. ECCO is an English immersion program; everything will be communicated in English. You will even need to fill out the application in English.
- Q: Can I attend only part of the ECCO - come late or leave early? A: No. You must come planning to attend the entire program. We have many applicants and can only accept those who commit to all 3 months. This means you cannot arrive late or plan to leave early.
- Q: Can I take time during the ECCO program to do some personal travelling? A: No. Your schedule will be full and all the activities are required. Please plan to do any personal travelling either before ECCO begins or after it ends.
- Q: What are some of the outings? A: The outings may include: a trip to the Capitol building in St. Paul; sporting events; the Mall of America (the largest mall in the United States); an art museum; historical landmarks and buildings; fun activities; and spending time in an American home.
- Q: Can a 17-year-old apply to ECCO? A: No. All applicants must be at least 18 years old by the time ECCO starts.
- Q: Where is YWAM Minneapolis located? A: YWAM Minneapolis is in the state of Minnesota and is located about 65 kilometers (40 miles) west of downtown Minneapolis near a small town called Rockford. There are NO forms of public transportation that go from Rockford into the city.
- Q: Are all YWAM Minneapolis staff native English speakers? A: Most of them, but we also have staff from all over the world! Many of our staff speak Spanish.
- Q: Is there Wi-Fi available at the YWAM center? A: Yes, but it is limited. The internet speed available to our facility is slower due to our geographical location.
- Q: Will there be opportunities to go shopping? A: Yes. ECCO staff will arrange group outings to local malls. This will be no more than once a week, however.
- Q: Do all participants receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the program? A: All who complete the program with a score of 80% or higher will receive a Certificate of Completion at graduation. Scores are based on: attendance, punctuality, participation, effort, and homework.
Here's what some former ECCO graduates have said about their experience:
"It was great! I learned a lot of English, but more than that, I learned to have a relationship with God and to trust Him." Gustavo from Colombia
"Before coming to ECCO, I was praying for a place where I could find the presence of God. Now, I can tell you, that in this place you'll find more than an English course. This is a place you will go to the next level in all of your personal areas." Santiago from Colombia
"God has taught me to be more patient with people who are different than me." Aline from Brazil
"It was very good for me because I needed time to seek God and learn how to listen to His voice. Being here was perfect to learn and practice this." Milagros from Peru
"God used ECCO to transform my life!" Eli from Guatemala
"It was totally amazing! I learned a lot more than I expected!" Alejandra from Peru
This time was one of the most beautiful seasons of my life." Carolina from Colombia
"I came here with high expectations and was not disappointed." Bianca from Brazil
"In addition to learning English, the interaction with other cultures was instrumental in my spiritual growth." Erika from Brazil